Adding photos and Video
In Object, you can add either photos or video to your post. Before uploading photos, you should check that you have the setting Automatic Image Thumbs set under Dynamic Image Resizer in your Object options panel.
- Go to Post -> Add New to create a new post.
- Click on the Add an Image image button above your post window.
- Select images to upload, and click Save Changes after you have finished uploading. (Don’t click insert into post). Your images are now added to the Gallery
- Click Save Changes or click the “X” to close the upload box. Your images are now added to your post and photo gallery!
Follow the same procedure as above to add a photo to your post, that will appear on the front page and archive pages. Then to add a video you simply paste your video embed code in the embed field under the post window in the Custom Settings.
Custom Object Widgets
Object includes 5 widgetized spaces, along with custom, Object-specific widgets to allow you more customisation options. Here’s a brief run-down of both the widget areas and custom widgets:
- Footer 1-3;
- Photo Sidebar (left); and
- Blog Sidebar (right)
Note: You will need to go to Design > Widgets to add any widgets to these spaces. By default the theme will not display anything in these spaces, until you add your own widgets.
The theme includes 4 custom widgets that you can add to your widgetized area:
- Woo – About (About widget for use in Footer);
- Woo – Recent (Recent posts used in Footer);
- Woo – Popular (Popular posts used in Footer);
- Woo – Flickr;
- Woo – Search;